Review Hello, My Love!

 This modern-day pastiche of 19th-century novels by Jane Austen and Elizabeth Gaskell is an engaging romp into deep, powerful love, with a good dose of realism and a twist of mystery. 

The unexpected surprises and emotional encounters of this novel keep the reader enthralled until the very last page…….an excellent read.---GoodbooksToday Reviews

....a tale as old as time, but some of (the lovers') particular trials are pretty unusual and make for an entertaining read.---San Francisco Book Review

Heartache and the specter of revenge follow when sparring partners spend the night together two days before he weds someone else.

I am a flâneuse (feminine for flâneur, observer-wanderer). I write about, and illustrate (oils, pastels, digital) what I see that intrigues me. In a past life, with a now-dormant Ph.D., (University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana), and the primacy of my left brain, I researched, evaluated and developed mental health programs.

But writing was my first love and I wanted to be a journalist. I have written two novels and hope to follow up with more. Margaret of the North and Hello, My Love!, my second novel, are inspired by Jane Austen and Elizabeth Gaskell and their awesome feminist heroines.

My book website is: www.margaretofthenorth.wordpress.com for articles on books and writing. Or, check out my blurbs on art, travel (mostly Paris where I have stayed for months), eating, and state of being on: Journey on a Limb.






This is a decent read if not a bit stuffy. I gave it a three because it is a good book, but it does not grab you and refuse to let go. Also, the actions of the characters do not reflect their personalities. For example, Elise, a well educated, smart lady, has sex while not protecting herself. And for a law student, many of her reactions do not fit the way she is portrayed. This story follows her for a couple of years, so we do get quite a bit of a tale. I did like that.
Greg is a wealthy playboy engaged to a woman named Lori. He spends most weekends at a dinner at Elise's parents house. He is drawn to Elise because of her wit, and he finds himself attracted to her. Elise does not like Greg of the Bat, but she grows to care about him. Two days before he is to marry Lori, they find themselves together and the heat is too much, they sleep together. Greg calls off his wedding, but he is afraid of what Lori might do to him and Elise. He stays away from Elise for a couple of years, trying to figure out who he is. But, Elise does not have that luxury, and when Greg comes back, they have a lot to talk about. Can she forgive him? Should she? There are quite a few developments that make this an interesting read. If you like a more formal romance story, this might be for you. 
 Heidi gave Hello, My Love!






To buy click the book above

No comments:

Post a Comment